If you’ve been injured, you may be tempted to think you can handle your case on your own, or that you don’t really need an attorney on your side. This isn’t advised: we’ve seen far too many people obtain sub-optimal conclusions to their case or fail to receive any compensation at all when they were completely entitled to it after their accident. Don’t try to handle what you’re not familiar with and worry about the stresses on your own; make sure you have an Orange County personal injury attorney on your side!
Here are a few reasons why you need to have a lawyer if you’ve been hurt:
- We protect your best interests. You might be tempted to think your insurance company has your back since you’re a policy holder, but the truth of the matter is these companies are in business to make money, and the less money they have to pay out for your claim, the better their bottom line will be. Having an attorney on your side means you have someone who’s not only knowledgeable about the laws fighting for you, but someone who understands how important it is that you receive the compensation you’re entitled to.
- We know the law. Injury claims often have strict filing deadlines and procedures. Unless you’re familiar with these practices through years of experience, it’s easy to make a mistake that could lead to costly time delays or worse: a complete denial of your claim. Having an advocate in your corner can help keep your case on track, ensure it receives the attention it deserves, and avoid making the mistakes that could prove costly.
- We are experienced evaluators. How much is your case worth? Unless you know about the many various aspects of your life that could be impacted by your injury, you may be selling yourself short. Insurance companies love to offer quick settlements to those who they’re responsible for in hopes of getting them to accept an amount that’s far below what they actually deserve. Having an attorney on your side can help you avoid this pitfall.
- We provide proof. As your attorneys, we recognize when an accident wasn’t your fault. While your insurance company might be set on proving otherwise, we pour through the evidence to prove that you’re entitled to compensation, and we fight tirelessly to prove it. We’re determined to help you win your case, and we’re skilled in finding every possible way to do so.
- Get peace of mind. We know how stressful an injury can be, and that the last thing you want to worry about is a group of lawyers and insurance company representatives giving you the run-around before leaving you out to dry. When you have an attorney handling this difficult part of your case, you can rest assured with the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your case is in capable, experienced hands.