Getting into a car accident is a harrowing experience, and it leaves most people flustered, not knowing how to react. It comes as no surprise that people don’t like to think about the possibility of getting into an accident, but it is essential you prepare yourself to ensure you do your part to protect yourself. There is a wrong way to go about things following a car accident, and it may result in a number of consequences that are easily avoidable.
As a driver, you should keep the following tips in mind in preparation before and after a car accident:
- Prepare yourself by reading up on your auto insurance policy. Make sure you know your policy limits, including liability and uninsured motorist. If you do not fully understand your coverages, call your agent or broker and have them explain it to you before it is too late.
- Check for injuries and call the police.
- Call your insurance company, but perhaps check with a lawyer before you do so.
- Exchange information with all parties involved in the accident and be sure to obtain all witnesses contact information.
- Don’t admit to fault, even if it clearly was your fault.
- Take pictures and keep track of any repairs your car may require.
- Parking lots are held to the same standards as roads, so beware of haphazard driving practices due to a lack of lights, lanes, or signs.
- Always wear your seatbelt and make sure your passengers are properly seatbelted as well.
Contact Our Orange County Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident and don’t know where to turn, look no further than our experienced and skilled Orange County injury attorneys of Cohn & Swartzon, P.C. We understand you may be concerned about obtaining the compensation you deserve, especially for any injuries or damages incurred, which is why we will do everything in our power to advocate on your behalf. Don’t face this difficult time on your own–allow us to be your best ally.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience by calling (888) 480-3883.